76 pages of psychedelic art, photography and stories accompanied by over two hours of exceptional live recordings.
In 1965 Marty Balin had a dream. Create a band with five guys and a girl to play folk music with electric instruments. Bill Graham dreamt of becoming an actor, but became the man behind the stage with a clipboard in his hand. An arrest in a San Francisco public park would bring the man and band together for a cause, and the event would be life-changing for both.
Former Bill Graham Presents Archivist Katherine York sifted through the documented heritage of Jefferson Airplane and studied the band's relationship with the burgeoning rock concert industry to uncover the tale of the first Fillmore house band. The songs on the accompanying USB were selected from over 35 hours of live concert recordings performed by Jefferson Airplane and recorded by Bill Graham on his stages. This compilation of restored and remastered performances has been curated to best exemplify the band's development while playing these venues.
Jefferson Airplane: The Original Fillmore House Band track list:
01. "The Other Side Of This Life" Sept. 30, 1966, Winterland
02. "It's No Secret" Sept. 30, 1966, Winterland
03. "3/5ths Of A Mile In 10 Seconds" Oct. 08, 1966, Winterland
04. "Baby, What You Want Me To Do" Oct. 09, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
05. "High Flyin' Bird" Oct. 14, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
06. "Runnin' Round This World" Oct. 14, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
07. "Bill Graham Introduction" Oct. 14, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
08. "Bringing Me Down" Oct. 14, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
09. "Go To Her" Oct. 14, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
10. "Fat Angel" Oct. 15, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
11. "Goodbye to Signe 1" Oct. 15, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
12. "Chauffeur Blues" Oct. 15, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
13. "Goodbye to Signe 2" Oct. 15, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
14. "JPP McStep B. Blues" Nov. 25, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
15. "My Best Friend" Nov. 26, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
16. "White Rabbit" Nov. 26, 1966, Fillmore Auditorium
17. "Come Back Baby" feb. 5, 1967, Fillmore Auditorium
18. "Let Me In" Feb. 5, 1967, Fillmore Auditorium
19. "Runnin' Round This World" Feb. 6, 1967, Fillmore Auditorium
20. "Instrumental" Mar. 11, 1967, Winterland
21. "Let's Get Together" Mar. 12, 1967, Fillmore Auditorium
22. "Today" Mar. 12, 1967, Fillmore Auditorium
23. "Two Heads" Aug. 05, 1967, O'Keefe Center
24. "Martha" Oct. 25, 1969, Winterland
25. "Mau Mau (Amerikon)" Oct. 25, 1969, Winterland
26. "Introduction" Sept. 22, 1972, Winterland
27. "Somebody To Love" Sept. 22, 1972, Winterland
28. "Wooden Ships" Sept. 22, 1972, Winterland
29. "Eat Starch Mom" Sept. 22, 1972, Winterland
30. "Crown Of Creation" Sept. 22, 1972, Winterland
Text and concept copyright ©wolfgangsvault.com 2010, except where noted. Images copyright ©wolfgangsvault.com 2010, except where noted. No part of this book or the music included on the USB may be reproduced in any form without written permission from Wolfgang's Vault.
Music has inspired other artists for generations - painters, writers, photographers and more. Chronicled by the writers, poster artists, photographers, and performers themselves, our books and magazines intimate portraits of an exceptional time and place.
All orders are shipped from our facilities in Reno via United Parcel Service (UPS) or United States Postal Service (USPS). If Standard Shipping is selected, your order may ship via UPS or USPS based on size and weight. With UPS we offer online tracking of your order while it is in transit to you, which includes insurance for the full value of your purchase. USPS shipments are uninsured and cannot be tracked.
All orders placed on this site are subject to product availability. Please allow ten days for our photographic prints to ship (these products are produced to order and require a high degree of printmaking skill and attention to detail). All other items are shipped within three business days of when your order is placed. We do not ship on Saturdays, Sundays or national holidays. All shipping delivery times are in addition to this order processing time.
If your order is going to be delayed due to out-of-stock items, weather conditions or any other factors, you will be notified by email within 48 hours of your order being placed. You will be given an approximate ship date at that time and will have the option of canceling your order, or retaining the order with its new ship date.
Depending on your location and the shipping service you selected, your order will take from one to ten days to be delivered once it has shipped.
We take great care to ensure that your order is carefully packaged so that it arrives in the same condition in which it left our facilities.
Posters: Packaged in protective wrapping and shipped rolled or flat dependent on size and final destination. Posters shipped in flats are wrapped in protective wrapping and surrounded by 2 inserts and placed inside standard cardboard envelope. Posters shipped rolled are rolled within protective wrapping and placed inside tube. Do not tear protective wrapping, as this could result in damaged contents. Wolfgang's Vault is not responsible for and will not replace an item damaged during unpacking. Please use caution when opening your package.
Photography: Packaged in protective wrapping and surrounded by 2 inserts and placed inside standard cardboard envelope or box.
Please see the HELP section of the website for more Purchase, Return and Exchange information.